- The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate examination is intended for individuals who perform a solutions architect role and have one or more years of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies
- Define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements
- Provide implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project
Program Learning Outcomes and Content
The AWS certification training is designed to help you gain an in-depth understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) architectural principles and services such as IAM, VPC, EC2, EBS and more. The course is aligned with the latest exam announced by AWS, and you will learn how to design and scale AWS Cloud implementations with best practices recommended by Amazon. AWS certified solution architects command average salaries of $129,000 per year, so get started in this exciting field today.
Syllabus & Course Overview
Effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies. Define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements Provide implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project
The lesson will provide users with a history and background of AWS along with an overview of all products and services that are offered.
● Description of AWS
● History and Evolution of AWS
● Overview of AWS Products and Services
The lesson will help users understand why designing cloud infrastructure is different than for traditional on-premise data
centers and will cover AWS concepts, recommendations and best practices about how to build cloud systems
● How to Design Cloud Services
● Planning and Designing
● Monitoring and Logging
● Hybrid IT architectures
● Practice Assignment: Designing Hybrid Storage
The lesson will provide users with information about how to control and secure user access to your AWS resources using the AWS Access and Identity Management service.
● IAM Overview
● IAM Policies
● IAM Users
● IAM Groups
● IAM Roles
● IAM best practices
● Practice Assignment: Configuring IAM Access
The lesson will provide users with details of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, which allows the creation of custom cloud
based networks. Users will become familiar all concepts of VPC, for example subnets, Internet Gateways, etc.
● Amazon VPC Overview
● Amazon VPC
● IP Addresses
● Internet Gateway
Page | 2
● Route Tables
● NAT Devices
● Security Groups
● Network ACL’s
● VPC Best Practices
● Practice Assignment: Designing a Custom VPC
The lesson will help users understand what the EC2 service is and its many uses. Users will learn the EC2 launch
process and will understand how storage, snapshots, Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling all operate together. The lesson will also provide an overview of the other computer services that AWS offers.
● Cloud Computing with AWS
● Amazon EC2 Overview
● Amazon Machine Images(AMI)
● EC2 Instance Types
● Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
● EC2 Pricing
● Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
● Auto Scaling
● AWS Services
● Amazon Elastic Container Service
● EC2 Best Practices and Costs
● Practice Assignment: Configure ELB not started
The lesson will help users understand the many uses, types, and concepts of Amazon S3 storage and how it can be integrated with CloudFront and Import/Export services.
● Amazon S3 Overview
● S3 Buckets
● Version Control
● Amazon S3 Lifecycle Management
● CloudFront and CDNs
● Security and Encryption
● Import/Export & Snowball
● Amazon S3 Best Practices
● Amazon S3 Costs
● Practice Assignment: Create an Amazon S3 bucket
The lesson will provide users with an overview of the Amazon DNS service; Route 53. Users will be introduced to the concepts and uses of Route 53 and will learn how it can be used to host your own domain names.
● Amazon Route 53 Overview
● Amazon Route 53 and DNS
● Route 53 Routing Policies
● Route 53 best practices
● Route 53 costs and prices
● Practice Assignment: Amazon Route 53 Hosted Zone
● Demo Included:
1. Route 53 Hosted Zones Demo
The lesson will help users understand all the different types of database that are available in today’s IT environment and will demonstrate the services that AWS provides to simplify database administration, management, and migration.
● Databases Overview
● Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
● AMI Databases
● Amazon DynamoDB
● Amazon Redshift
● Amazon ElastiCache
● Amazon Aurora
● AWS Database Migration Services (DMS)
● Databases best practices
● Databases costs
● Practice Assignment: Amazon RDS
The lesson will inform and demonstrate to users how Amazon’s suite of Application Services can be used to integrate your AWS resources and will tie together concepts learned in previous lessons about designing cloud services.
● Simple Queue Service-SQS
● Simple Workflow Service-SWF
● Simple Notification Service-SNS
● Elastic Transcoder
● Application Services best practices
● Application Services costs
● Practice Assignment: Amazon SNS
● Demo Included
1. Amazon SNS
The lesson will show users the measures that AWS takes to secure its cloud resources and what your responsibilities are in the AWS Shared Responsibility Model. The lesson will also demonstrate the AWS services available to help your
secure your environment.
● AWS shared responsibility model
● AWS platform compliance
● AWS security attributes
● AWS CloudTrail
● AWS CloudWatch
● Trusted Advisor
● Incorporating common conventional security products
● AWS CloudFormation and Design patterns
● Practice Assignment: AWS CloudWatch
The lesson will demonstrate to users the importance of Disaster Recovery and will highlight some of the products and services that AWS offers to assist you in creating Disaster Recovery compliant environments.
● Overview of Disaster Recovery
● Using AWS products for Disaster Recovery
● Practice Assignment: Disaster Recovery
The lesson shows users where to look for assistance when they need AWS information and support.
● AWS Support
● Typical AWS Problems
The lesson informs users about how to register for the exam and its requirements. Users will also learn some study and exam tips.
● Overview of AWS Solutions Architect Exam
● Study tips
● Review Topics
There are two types of questions on the examination:
Multiple-choice: Has one correct response and three incorrect responses (distractors).
Multiple-response: Has two correct responses out of five options.
Version 1.5 SAA-C01
Select one or more responses that best complete the statement or answer the question. Distractors, or incorrect answers, are response options that an examinee with incomplete knowledge or skill would likely choose. However,
they are generally plausible responses that fit in the content area defined by the test objective. Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect; there is no penalty for guessing.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C01) examination is a pass or fail an exam. The examination is
scored against a minimum standard established by AWS professionals who are guided by the certification industry best
practices and guidelines. Your results for the examination are reported as a score from 100-1000, with a minimum passing score of 720.
Your score shows how you performed on the examination as a whole and whether or not you passed. Scaled scoring models are used to equate scores across multiple exam forms that may have slightly different difficulty
levels. Your score report contains a table of classifications of your performance at each section level. This information is designed to provide general feedback concerning your examination performance.